Willow Park Nursery is owned and operated by a Canberra family with a business history in the Canberra region dating back to the 1930’s . At the time Willow Park was a market flower nursery used for growing cut gladioli and daffodils. The original homestead was built in 1932 and still stands in the front grounds among the shade of the established trees and gardens including some of the oldest trees in Canberra today.
Willow Park Nursery is arguably Canberra’s oldest nursery and retail garden centre. Willow Park Nursery has been the properties’ trading name since the 1940’s, where as local history tells it, residents would meet in the sunroom of the homestead during World War 2 to discuss the potential threat of Japanese bombing runs in the area due to the close proximity to the Royal Military College Duntroon site.